pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.11.94 Impressions

From: Ryan Speed
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.11.94 Impressions
Date: 12 Jun 2002 10:18:56 -0700

On Wed, 2002-06-12 at 00:40, Gabi Davar wrote:
> After a long hiatus I have installed pan 0.11.94 and below are my
> impressions of it. Since I did not follow the discussions in the mailing
> list, excuse me if these issues were already resolved.
>
> * the most obvious change for me was the transformation of the filters pop
> up to a full blown dialog, this increased the amount of clicks for changing
> a filter from two to three, for no obvious benefit

I agree, however I am a fan of keyboard shortcuts so I will force my
brain to think keyboard shortcut instead of click drag.

> * queue sometimes get stuck after a disconnect
> * getting news headers in all groups keyboard short cut has gone AWOL

again, brain re-training necessary, but this bothered me also.

> * getting all header in a group got buried in an extra dialog, plus keyboard
> shortcut gone AWOL
>
> The above issues are a step backwards IMHO.

the most annoying thing I've noticed (forgive me if it's always been
this way) is that the cancel and ok buttons on dialogs are backwards
compared to any of the software i have used in the past, I keep clicking
Cancel by accident (ok should be on the left, cancel on the right IMHO).