pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.11.94 Impressions

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.11.94 Impressions
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 20:11:38 -0700

>       Speaking of this, I did not use the other 0.11.9x releases, so I don't
> know how they were, but I very much miss the drop-down lists we used to
> have in fields that took a path -- such as Group Properties and Save
> Article As -- and in the search field over the article headers.
>       Also, the Print dialog is rudimentary; it's just a text field for lpr
> commands, plus Cancel and OK.

Both of these can be summed up as: minimal requirements.  I'm still
hoping to get Pan working on Windows after 0.12.0, so I've intentionally
trimmed out the extra libraries (gnome-print, libgnomeui) that wouldn't
work on Windows.

The plan is that the Gnome extras will be added back in as an option
after the Windows port is done, but I don't have a timeline for it.

>> the most annoying thing I've noticed (forgive me if it's always been
>> this way) is that the cancel and ok buttons on dialogs are backwards
>> compared to any of the software i have used in the past, I keep
>> clicking Cancel by accident (ok should be on the left, cancel on the
>> right IMHO).

This is the way gtk2 works.  I like it better this way, but it took
a couple of wrong clicks before I got used to it.  IMO it would've
caused less confusion if they'd left the buttons in the old order.  <shrug>

cheers,
Charles