pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] broken gnome stuff

From: Jeff Vian
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] broken gnome stuff
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 21:04:02 -0500

John LeMay wrote:
Sounds like a font problem. Have you tried to reset your fonts after
installing the new libs?

In Pan, yes.
Where can I reset it for gnome desktop and nautilus?

John LeMay
Senior Consultant
NJMC, LLC.

On Sat, 6 Jul 2002, Jeff Vian wrote:

I recently upgraded pan to 0.12.0
-
Of course I had to upgrade all the supporting libraries as well in order
to get it to compile.
-
Now I notice two very annoying changes on my Linux configuration that I
hope someone will be able to help me find the fix.
The install is RedHat 7.3 and the only updates from the original install
are the libraries/packages to support pan 0.12.0
-

1. The gnome desktop now does not have the names under the icons. At the
same time, when I launch nautilus, the icon view does not have the names
under the folders nor files either. In list view nautilus does display
the names.

        What has changed, and how can I restore the display of the names related
to the icons?

2. Now when I install a CD it no longer autoruns. Music CDs do not start
playing, and data CDs do not automount.

        How do I restore the Autorun feature?

Everything noted above worked until I did the update from pan 0.11.3 to
0.12.0 so I believe it is related to one or more of the packages I had
to update to get Pan to compile.

Any help in identifying and fixing the broken features will be appreciated.

TIA
Jeff