pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Readability suggestion. Feature request.

From: Torstein Sunde
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Readability suggestion. Feature request.
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 00:05:18 +0200

Eelco Hoekema wrote:
> Nothing, Agent keeps it empty. Found this example in google:
> http://gigaschatten.de/agent/images/main_window.gif

Here the author of the replies is shown in the Subject column, and not
in the Author column.  IMHO, this looks rather messy.

> http://news.diabeticus.de/img/agent09.jpg
> Here the name of the author appears between brackets right after the
> subject. I think they might have changed that because the names become
> invisible once the subject has more characters than fit in the column.

The latter is a good reason not to use this approach.  Especially in
binary groups, the subject can sometimes be so long that you'll need a
21" monitor at max resolution with a barely readable font size in order
to view the entire subject.  (And of course I assume that the header
pane is covering the entire screen width.)

I'd rather keep the current solution.  It might look better if
unchanged subjects were hidden, making changed subjects easier to
notice.  That won't solve Maurizio's problem, however.