Re: [Pan-users] Re: Composing regex for Pan

From: Wolf J. Flywheel
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Composing regex for Pan
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 22:15:34 -0500

On Tuesday 30 March 2004 21:32, Duncan wrote:

> John Aldrich posted <address@hidden>,

> excerpted

> below,  on Thu, 11 Mar 2004 09:41:04 -0500:

> > Bugzilla report #136892 filed for an enhancement requesting a wizard

> > to build the filters. Submitted as keywords "usability" and

> > "PATCH_NEEDED" ;-) Maybe one of you programmers can write a nifty

> > little wizard interface! :-)

> ??  I see dialogs for building scores, building filters, and building

> rules based on filters, already.  For the most part, they even have

        John, since your e-mail was composed with KMail, I'll assume you use

at least some of the time.  :)  Have you looked at kregexpeditor?  Here=20

on Gentoo, you can find it in the "K" menu:  Utilities -> More=20

Programs...  It's in the "kdeutils" package, so I figure most anyone with=20

KDE installed should have it.

        You can compose a regex in that, then paste it into another program.

also like it because I can type in the text field, and the utility will=20

show me, graphically with plain English labels, what my expression will=20

catch.  For instance, I type "(x){0,6}" and the program shows "Repeated=20

at most 6 times" with "x" encased in that block.  Handy, especially if=20

you're messing with unfamiliar syntax.

// Carl Hudkins :: Jabber  address@hidden :: PGP 50238D9E

//               =3D=3D]  What would Jeeves do?  [=3D=3D

//                            (X-Spam-To: address@hidden)