pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Anyone thought of adding par[1|2] support

From: Edith Gross
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Anyone thought of adding par[1|2] support
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 00:03:39 +0200

That would be a virtual rewrite job. I don't think Pan is the only thing
affected either - I'm a frequentish user of GIMP, and I've provided the
odd demo of it to people, on a couple of occasions using the Windows
port. I was never particularly impressed - a very slick app on Linux
becomes rather clunky and buggy on Windows. My experience is that Qt
based apps work better on Windows than GTK ones.

 I am sure that you are right.
The second best solution would be wxWidgets. Of course, Pan should be compiled with the MS compiler which is much better than its GCC conterpart. Qt is not free on Windows but maybe Trolltech would agree that Pan uses it; after all, Opera uses it too. This should be negotiated. Bur wxWidget would be all right.

EG