pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Xandros 3.0 (debian)

From: Travis
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Xandros 3.0 (debian)
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 08:02:47 -0800

---- Original Message ----
From: "Jim Reiss" <address@hidden>
To: "Geek" <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2005 06:16

If Xandros uses the same dpkg as Debian, just type this as root:

dpkg -i [package name]

and it will install.

Use -r to remove.

The PAN for Debian Stable though is 0.11.2 and is *text only*. No
yEnc and no posting of attachments of anykind.

Thanks to Duncan's help, I have a mini-howto on giving yourself
yEnc and
0.11.4. But that perhaps is for the future as it requires you to
know how to compile from source and have the development packages
installed ;-)
There's be no reason to use the Debian Stable version on Xandros 3.
It would make far more sense to use either Testing or Unstable,
because those are more similar in age to the rest of the Xandros
packages.

I suggest looking here for information on apt:

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-howto/index.en.html

Once a Sarge or Sid repository has been added to
/etc/apt/sources.list, the commands needed are:

apt-get update
apt-get install pan

I have no idea of what you are talking about. I went to the link provided but didn't understand what I read. I see none of the things people have mentioned on the Xandros desktop.

Thanks for trying.

--
Travis in Shoreline Washington