pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Latest changes

From: John Aldrich
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Latest changes
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 18:40:20 -0500

On Thursday 10 March 2005 05:28 pm, Brian Morrison wrote:

> > Good thought, though. Any other ideas? FWIW, it appears that Fedora
> > installed  several different versions of automake. Wonder if it is
> > using the wrong  version? How can I hard-code the correct version?
>
> You shouldn't need to as anything requiring older automake versions
> should specify automake14 or automake17.
>
> I'd suggest a further log at something like config.log and see what is
> failing in more detail.

Brian, et al, I don't HAVE a config.log. This is dying in autogen.sh. Here's
the complete output of autogen.sh:

(start of autogen.sh output)

address@hidden pan]# ./autogen.sh
/usr/local/bin/gnome-autogen.sh
checking for autoconf >= 2.53...
  testing autoconf2.50... not found.
  testing autoconf... found 2.59
checking for automake = 1.4...
  testing automake-1.4... found 1.4
checking for glib-gettext >= 2.2.0...
  testing glib-gettextize... found 2.4.8
checking for intltool >= 0.25...
  testing intltoolize... found 0.31.2
checking for pkg-config >= 0.14.0...
  testing pkg-config... found 0.15.0
Checking for required M4 macros...
Checking for forbidden M4 macros...
**Warning**: I am going to run `configure' with no arguments.
If you wish to pass any to it, please specify them on the
`./autogen.sh' command line.

Processing ./configure.in
Running glib-gettextize... Ignore non-fatal messages.
Copying file mkinstalldirs
Copying file po/Makefile.in.in

Please add the files
  codeset.m4 gettext.m4 glibc21.m4 iconv.m4 isc-posix.m4 lcmessage.m4
  progtest.m4
from the /usr/share/aclocal directory to your autoconf macro directory
or directly to your aclocal.m4 file.
You will also need config.guess and config.sub, which you can get from
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/config/.

Running intltoolize...
patching file po/Makefile.in.in
Running aclocal-1.4...
aclocal: configure.in: 138: macro `AM_ICONV' not found in library
address@hidden pan]#

(end autogen.sh output)

I tried it as root on the off chance that there was a permissions issue
(didn't figure it was likely, but had to rule it out.)

I'm guessing something is seriously B0rked here... but I haven't a clue what
it could be. I've checked and I have the "config.guess" and "config.sub"
files in several places, but they may not be where autogen.sh is looking for
them.