pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Re: Pan doesn't dl headers for one group

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Pan doesn't dl headers for one group
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 01:33:39 -0700

Neal Wilkinson posted <address@hidden>,
excerpted below,  on Sun, 22 May 2005 15:17:02 -0400:

> Well..I went back to Thunderbird for a bit and there are so many things
> I like better about Evolution that I went back and played with it some
> more. After a while of not getting any results I uninstalled it and
> deleted the .pan directory in /home/ and then reinstalled and it appears
> to be working now.

Cool!  I'd have backed it up and then removed one dir or set of files at
a time, until I figured out where the issue was, just because I'm curious
about what causes such issues and just what I might be able to do to fix
it if it comes up again.  After finding the culprit file, I would have
worked within the file, again changing or eliminating pieces at a time, if
it were a config file, or working with the related PAN functions (clear
cache, erase group, etc) until I figured out at least how or where to fix
it if it happened again.  It's amazing how much one can learn that way.
However, it can be a laborious process at times, so I can't blame someone
for just blowing away the dir and starting over, if they lack the time or
patience to investigate.