pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] pan2 problems on freebsd 6.0

From: bob self
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] pan2 problems on freebsd 6.0
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 06:49:40 -0400

Jim Reiss wrote:

1. I have about 12 news groups subscribed. I try to download all of the headers for these, but after 30 minutes or so I go back to the computer and pan is
no longer running and I need to start over. Why?
A likely cause is running out of memory.  Unless you're using the
unreleased version from CVS, any group with lots of articles will
consume all the RAM on a system with typical amounts of memory.

2. how can you view "all groups" and then select a group to subscribe to without the program first asking you if you if you want download some headers?
Select the group with the middle mouse button and then right click on it
to subscribe, if I understand your question correctly.