pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Coming April 1: Pan 0.90

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Coming April 1: Pan 0.90
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 05:06:48 -0700

David Kelly posted <address@hidden>,
excerpted below,  on Mon, 27 Mar 2006 15:47:36 -0600:

> On Mar 21, 2006, at 12:10 PM, Jim Reiss wrote:
>
>>> No, not yet.  I'll send mail to pan-users and pan-devel when I
>>> land it
>>> in CVS... I'm not sure that it wouldn't make more sense to have a new
>>> package name, at least in CVS, since the entire codebase is
>>> different.
>>
>> How about pan++ or panxx?
>
> How about lid, pot or kettle?  :-)

I'd say pot, save for the potential bad jokes.*  kettle if not.

panxx sounds too much like a porn group targeted app.  While I'm sure many
users use it for that, if pimp-ass-newsreader (aka PAN) was too offensive,
panxx would certainly be so as well, to the same class of folks.  (Of
course, my binary downloader at present is klibido...)

* If it's called pot, then we all become pot users! <g>   Further, the
MSWormOS port, if continued, could be called porti-potti, given the
undisguised opinion of the OS by folks such as myself. =8^P