pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: ANN: Pan 0.117 "And we'll fly and we'll fall and we'

From: Colin Campbell
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: ANN: Pan 0.117 "And we'll fly and we'll fall and we'll burn"
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 07:47:48 -0600

Duncan wrote:
Charles Kerr <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Tue, 17 Oct 2006
14:00:23 -0500:

Darren wrote:
<snippage occureth>

May $DEITY help us when names such as PAN, BitchX, the GIMP, and even
CLIT, cease to appear in the list of FLOSS community software.  At that
point corporate malaise will already have rotted us into a mere hollow
shell of what we once were, and what we could have become.  Yes, it's
shocking, but it's part of the same set of community traditions as
recursive acronyms, and to lose it would be to lose a part of ourselves.

And so say all of us!
-
Sometimes the mind, for reasons we don't necessarily understand,
just decides to go to the store for a quart of milk.
-- Diane Frolov and Andrew Schneider, Northern Exposure, Three Doctors, 1993