pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Where does Pan keep its cache files... retrieved headers

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Where does Pan keep its cache files... retrieved headers, articles, etc.?
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 00:59:44 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 00:00:09 +0000, Charlie Wilkes wrote:

> I am new to Linux (Ubuntu)

Welcome to the un-Windows world.

> ...if I need to track this down on the
> command line, I will probably need the complete string...

Just to expand a bit on what Darren already said:

Any file or directory whose name begins with a . (like .pan2)
is 'hidden'.  To see it you may need to change the settings in
your GUI file browser.  From a command line prompt you would
type 'ls -a ~/.pan2' where ls is short for 'list' and -a means
'all' and ~ is short for your home directory; i.e. 'list all
files and directories in my home directory, even if hidden'.

Command-line modifier flags in *nix begin with - or -- instead
of / as in Windows.  There are actually great similarities in
the command-line syntax because Bill stol...um, borrowed from
*nix extensively.  (Not extensively enough, sadly.)

Try 'man ls' and 'man bash' for starters.