pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Where does Pan keep its cache files... retrieved hea

From: Mike
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Where does Pan keep its cache files... retrieved headers, articles, etc.?
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 08:54:29 +0000

On Saturday 20 Jan 2007 07:42, Duncan wrote:

> Probably the single most helpful
> recommendation I asked for and got when I got serious about Linux, and
> consequently one I pass on as often as possible, is to pick up a copy of
> the following two books.
>
> Both books are published by O'Reilly.
>
> Running Linux is a 600-ish page tome in tutorial or textbook format,
> designed to be read more or less front to back

This one is part of my very small Linux library, so I wholeheartedly agree
with your recommendation.

> Linux in a Nutshell is as are all the O'Reilly "Nutshell" series books,
> intended as a reference for someone already familiar with the basic
> concepts

This I don't own, but from your description it seems very similar to:

'Linux Pharsebook' by Scott Granneman published by Sams Publishing

This is a book I find myself turning to pretty often when I can't quite
remember how to do something.

I recommend you get yourself to Borders, or any other decent bookshop, grab
every Linux book you can find and peruse them over a mug of coffee. That's
how I ended up buying the above two books.

--
Mike