pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Anyone get pan compiling with gcc 4.3 yet?

From: Daniel Rahn
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Anyone get pan compiling with gcc 4.3 yet?
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 09:05:59 +0100

On Monday 24 March 2008 03:36:22 Duncan wrote:
> FWIW, based only on a short visual scan, it looks to be doing all the
> right things based on the gcc 4.3 porting doc and my experience so
> far. So even if it doesn't happen to be workable (haven't tried it
> yet), it looks to be headed there.

We have been using pre-4.3 compilers for the openSUSE 11.0 development
cycle for months now, so I had no chance but to come up with that patch.

I had meant to clean it up with some compiler detection but never found
the time. Maybe after 11.0 release ...

I had seen some segfaults with that patch some while ago, but looking at
the backtraces, they all turned up to be compiler bugs at that time.
Now that 4.3 is out, that should in theory not be happening anymore.

-Daniel