pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Anyone get pan compiling with gcc 4.3 yet?

From: Daniel Rahn
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Anyone get pan compiling with gcc 4.3 yet?
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 08:33:49 +0200

On Sunday 30 March 2008 16:17:43 Duncan wrote:
> Note that I'm normally building (and therefore patching against)
> live-svn (which has been revision 335 thru all of this, no updates),
> but I tried 0.132 here too, just to be sure.  Same errors.  The patch
> applies fine but the compile fails with a bunch of strange '_' not
> declared errors; strange because _ doesn't seem a very sane
> var/function name by itself, but that's the error.  Looking at the
> code, at least some of the lines are pan logging lines of the form
> (or similar):

That's because the version check in glib-compat.h fails and the function
names in pan code are therefore replace with NULL. Therefore the "_"
from the function options stay as the only function call.

So now the question is why the version check fails. Question number two
is why it even matters on your system.

If your up to, I'd like to debug that off list. Drop me a mail if you're
brave ;)

-Daniel