pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] So, what's left before 1.0?

From: darren
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] So, what's left before 1.0?
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 05:16:08 -0700

On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 14:47:16 -0500, Charles Kerr <address@hidden>
wrote:
> A few posts back I mentioned that I don't remember what the
> remaining checklist items were before this 43-release-long
> beta series finally goes stable.
>
> I doubt anyone -- except maybe Duncan -- remembers, and
> whatever they were, I wonder if they're dusty enough to be
> outweighed by the fact that most distros now carry this "beta"
> as default installed software.
>
> Other than the GMime update to fix multipart messages -- which
> is already in K Haley's repo -- are there any honest-to-God
> showstoppers left?  Not feature requests, tweaks, or whatnot,
> but things that would actually prevent Pan 1.0 from finally,
> finally coming out...?
>
> Charles

I have mainly been lurking since the list has been so slow (Except for
Duncan's always interesting posts!) but the remaining bugs I see are:

Bugs:
The AT bugs that other mentioned.
The nzb security hole that has been carried as a patch by numerous distro's
(Might be in the Gnome repo already?)

Features (Probably not 1.0 but I could dream!):
Save sent posts
SSL connections
Posting profiles
Use the Gnome-Keyring for passwords

Regarding the documentation, I was primarily using the Wiki to host
interesting comments Duncan made that would be useful to others.
Obviously I slacked off but I am VERY willing to setup accounts for anyone
who wants one to add to it.   It might be better to put this in
live.gnome.org as well since Pan already uses the Gnome infrastructure but
I have no issue at all with continuing to host it.