pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: New User Question

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: New User Question
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 18:47:11 +0000 (UTC)

Dave posted on Sun, 30 Jan 2011 13:12:16 +0000 as excerpted:

> Duncan,
>
> You know this lack of a manual for Pan?  If we complied all of your
> posts here in the right order with a little subtle editing, we'd pretty
> much have a manual by now.
>
> Now, I'm not saying you're gobby or anything, just sayin'  LOL
>
> Seriously though, your long and detailed replies are appreciated :-)

Back during that last active phase or shortly thereafter, IIRC, someone
was actually doing pretty much just that.  He was creating a "manual",
complete with liberal quotes from this list.  Of course I wasn't the only
one quoted, but given my activity here (both frequency/quantity and
verbosity), I'd guess it was likely 50-75% my posts, even if I do say so
myself.

I still have a link to what I believe is that project, it's pan docs of
some sort at least, somewhere. I should look into it to see if it's still
available (not a stale link) and how useful the content might still be.
But then, if I was much good at doing anything besides posting here, I
might have put together something myself, so I don't know if I'll actually
get to it unless someone else takes an interest and asks me to.

Scratch the last bit.  I just checked and the bookmark's still valid.
It's a tarball.  Dates on the included files appear to be Dec 2006 and Jan
2007.  I've not actually looked at the content itself (it appears to be
HTML based files and images), but if anyone's interested in running with
it, here's the link to the tarball:

http://doug.freeshell.org/files/pan_docs070107.tar.gz

Thanks, Doug (B?).  I think Darren A was involved, too.  As I said I
haven't actually looked at it.