pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: ANN: Pan 0.134 "Wait for Me"

From: Steven D'Aprano
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: ANN: Pan 0.134 "Wait for Me"
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 23:41:33 +1100

Duncan wrote:
Alan Meyer posted on Mon, 21 Feb 2011 10:45:55 -0800 as excerpted:
[...]
Since I'm paid for the work that I do I have no grounds for complaint. If they want to pay me to do work that they take credit for, I
understand that.  I'm content to take the money and do the work.  But I
sure do appreciate the need to credit open source developers.

It occurs to me that especially as a consultant, you could write up your contract to specify that you /do/ get credit, perhaps charging extra to waive that requirement...

Perhaps a better (or at least more fun) approach would be to charge one rate for support and bug fixes for your own work, and double for fixing other people's bugs. Then when the client comes to you with a bug fix, you can say "Well, according to the copyright notice, you wrote this, so I'm going to have to charge you double" :)

--
Steven