paragui-users

[paragui-users] opengl branch update - WORKING! hrm this is interesting

From: Teunis Peters
Subject: [paragui-users] opengl branch update - WORKING! hrm this is interesting
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 00:20:15 -0700 (PDT)

Well I have to admit I haven't written a proper OpenGL-based demo yet -
that's next.  But the first paragui that's rendering to opengl -natively-
For those who are curious or those interested in hacking, please try.
It's definitely -not- ready for public use yet though.

This branch *SHOULD* be completely compatible with the current devel
branch - (except that it compiles properly *grin*) and unless you
explicitely plug the opengl renderer in (it's included) it defaults to
current (SDL) based rendering.

There's still quite a bit to go but the worst is past.

Note that special dependancies are:
        libsigc++-1.2   - ideas on how to tell 1.1 from 1.2?
        libsigxx-0.5.2  - to cover what's been removed in libsigc++-1.2
                (note that this one is a -pain- to find - enough requests
                and I'll make it available on my site for now)
        SDL_image       - now required.  For some reason SDL_LoadBMP_rw
                crashes...?

There may be others but this is all I can think of.
G'day, eh? :)
        - Teunis

PS: just incorporating latest fixes now *g*