pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] List implementation patches

From: jemarch
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] List implementation patches
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 20:49:37 +0100

    >    BTW, Notice that gl_array_list.h still needs to be included in pdf.h
and
    >    every header it depends on, otherwise the compiler can't resolve the
typedefs.

    >    I guess one solution would be to add them to PUBLIC_HDRS in
src/Makefile.am.

    > Another possibility would be to simply distribute gl_list.h and its
    > dependencies.

   Let's clarify a bit.

   What I meant is to _phisically_ include gl_list.h and its
   dependencies in pdf.h.

Yes, I understood it.

   If with "distribute" you mean installing gl_list.h in
   /usr/local/include/

Exactly.

   I think it's not a useful idea since gl_list is to be used inside
   gnupdf, not by the callers to it, that would contradict the List
   module usefulness.

Why? The list module is for clients to use `pdf_list_t' instead of
`gl_list_t'. The installation of gl_list.h in /usr/local/include do
not imply the clients will use `gl_list_t'.

The problem with the alternative I suggested is that there may be
other versions of gl_list.h in the systems.

Maybe Karl could tell us what people usually do when distributing
gnulib header files.