pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] List implementation patches

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] List implementation patches
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 16:46:51 -0600

    What I meant is to _phisically_ include gl_list.h and its
    dependencies in pdf.h.

That would be ok.

    If with "distribute" you mean installing gl_list.h in /usr/local/include/

Indeed, gl_anything.h should not be installed, for a couple reasons --

1) the whole purpose of gnulib is to be shared at the source level, not
   to be "installed".

2) gnulib files are shared between many packages; if any given package
   installs "their" copy, that will cause conflicts and trouble with
   other gnulib-using packages.

To the best of my knowledge, no gnulib headers are ever installed in
$(includedir) by any package, and that's the way it should stay.

Thanks,
karl