pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] Public API and gl_list

From: gerel
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] Public API and gl_list
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 15:40:20 -0300

 > Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 19:25:21 +0100
 > From: address@hidden
 >

 >    Ok, I finally got the new API working.
 >    There are some changes for the API documentation though. Functions
 >    pdf_list_iterator() and pdf_list_iterator_from_to() may fail when calling
 >    pdf_alloc() so the caller must check for the NULL value before using it.
 >
 > No problem. We can change the documentation in gnupdf.texi.
 >
 >     inline pdf_status_t
 >     pdf_list_iterator_free (pdf_list_iterator_t *iterator)
 >     {
 >    -  gl_list_iterator_free (iterator);
 >    +  gl_list_iterator_free ((gl_list_iterator_t*)(iterator->gl_iterator));
 >    +
 >    +  pdf_dealloc (iterator->gl_iterator);
 >    +
 >       return PDF_OK;
 >     }
 >
 > Is that `pdf_dealloc' on iterator->gl_iterator ok? I think that the
 > previous `gl_list_iterator_free' call is disposing the memory pointed
 > by iterator->gl_iterator.

Well, gl_list_iterator() returns a structure and structures are assignable,
so it may be that gl_list_free() frees gl_list_iterator_t _members_ but not the
actual structure. If it does in a future update then gl_list_iterator() should
return a pointer if any coherence is to be kept.

Moreover, I checked gl_array_list.c and this is what's defined:

##
static void
gl_array_iterator_free (gl_list_iterator_t *iterator)
{
}
###

It seems right.