pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] Hello

From: jemarch
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] Hello
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 17:52:34 +0100

   First i will write unit test cases for time module.

Nice, many thanks :)

You will find a full description of the Time Module API in
http://gnupdf.org/Lib:Reference_Manual#Time_Management (texinfo
sources in doc/gnupdf.texi).

The unit tests should be documented in
http://gnupdf.org/Lib:Test_Specification_Document (texinfo sources in
doc/gnupdf-tsd.texi).

Please keep in mind the following considerations when designing unit
tests for the module:

- For any given function we would like to have defined positive,
  negative and stressing unit tests:

  + Positive tests are used to test the function with valid input
    data. The return value (or any documented side effect) of the
    function should be checked with the expected effect.

  + Negative tests are used to test the function with invalid input
    data.

  + Stressing unit tests are used to test the function with strategic
    or "interesting" valid input data (such as MAXINT or MININT in a
    function accepting an integer value).

- Many functions are simple enough to only require a single positive
  test running the function (no parameters). It is important to have
  this unit test since the execution may fail even for such simple
  functions.

- While designing the unit tests you may find that the API contain
  errors or that it may be improved in any way. That is fine and it is
  quite welcomed. You can propose any change of the API in this list.

A private email follows with information about your flyspray account,
etc.

   Guys are you available on any IRC channel or any email address?
   So that if we can communicate with each other regarding problems,general
   discussion  etc.

We use this mailing list for those purposes. Additionally some of us
may be IRC users (I usually stay in freenode under the `jemarch'
nickname).