pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] Text module unit tests failing

From: Aleksander Morgado
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] Text module unit tests failing
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 12:07:40 +0200

Hi Karl,

     >  C and POSIX are perhaps the two most common locales

Yes.

     >  and i may be wrong of course but i thought they were VALID locales?

You are not wrong.  They are absolutely valid, and in fact ubiquitious.

Thus to have software which refuses to work in the C aka POSIX locale
makes no sense.  What is the actual issue?

The problem here is that we need to know the user's lang/country info plus the user's encoding, and we try to use the locale configuration for that. So, if we get C or POSIX as locales, what should we do?

-Aleksander