pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] gdb breakpoints in scripts?

From: Aleksander Morgado
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] gdb breakpoints in scripts?
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 19:50:48 +0100

Hi Jeff,

> I was able load and run the script under gdb as stated in [1]. I set a
> BP on the function of interest. gdb responded as expected with a file
> and line number (which were correct).
>
> However, when I run the script, the BP is never hit. I do see the
> results of the failed test, so I know the function where the BP was
> set executed.
>
> Is there anything special for debugging under gdb and the script wrapper?

Did you tell GDB to follow child processes?

(gdb)set follow-fork-mode child

When running under 'check', each test is forked into a new process, so
that if it crashes unpolitely (segfault for example), the test is marked
as aborted but doesn't prevent next tests from being executed.

Cheers,
-Aleksander