pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] libcurl initialization requirements

From: Scott Fohey
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] libcurl initialization requirements
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 21:59:37 -0500

>   Well, a second call to pdf_text_init() for example will not
>   re-initialize the text module. I guess we should just make sure things
>   are not initialized twice.
>
> Yes, much better.  In that case we would have to use a mutex in
> pdf_init.
>
> --
> Jose E. Marchesi  <address@hidden>
>                  http://www.jemarch.net
> GNU Project       http://www.gnu.org

Attached you should find my pass at implementing the mutex-protected
global init.
Also attached are the necessary changes for conditional compiling of
HTTP filesystem
support, and a minimal pdf-fsys-http.* to allow testing of the
conditional compiling.

curl_global_init may be invoked multiple time, so that's not a problem
- it just has
to be done without colliding with dependant-library initializations
between multiple
threads.

Please include these updates as you see fit - I'd like to start
pushing up incremental
updates to the HTTP implementation without drifting far from the mainline.

--Scott