pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] Selective unit testing

From: Jeffrey Walton
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] Selective unit testing
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 02:11:00 -0500

Hi Jose,

Sorry to ask yet another lame question....

> Briefly, now it is possible to specify a selection when
> invoking make check.  So...
>
>    $ make check FUNCTION=pdf_alloc
>
> The hacker's guide has been updated to document this new
> functionality.
'make check' is failing due to undefined reference to `srunner_run'. I
tried flipping the HAVE_NOCHECK define in config.h with no joy. I also
tried adding srunner_run to check.h/check.c (with srunner_run simply
calling the existing srunner_run_all) - no joy.

I did not find instructions for 'make check all' in Section 8.2.5,
"'Running the unit tests" of the guide [1]. Would you be able to
provide the switch I should be using?

For completeness, this is about all I do after I pull a revision:
make clean
./bootstrap
./configure CFLAGS=-g CFLAGS=-ggdb --prefix=/usr
make check
[optional 'make install' to debug]

Jeff

[1]