pgubook-readers

Re: [Pgubook-readers] Next Edition of Programming from the Ground Up

From: Roger
Subject: Re: [Pgubook-readers] Next Edition of Programming from the Ground Up
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2016 23:59:43 -0400

> On Sat, Aug 06, 2016 at 10:45:18AM -0500, Jonathan Bartlett wrote:
>   I just wanted to let you all know that work on the next edition of
>   Programming from the Ground Up is underway.** I've started it as a Github
>   project, starting with the XML files from PGU (though the new edition will
>   be done via LaTeX instead).** Check out the README for the project to see
>   the goals.** If you want to be on the project, let me know!
>   Jon

Browsed your GitHub repo's and realized you're interested within the Arduino
and other electronics as well.

A very interesting and likely of popular interest, is the Arduino Mini being
utilized for cat GPS tracking collars.  (There's another mini type board also
utilized for a cat GPS tracking collar.)

Well for dog lovers, this is likely going to be boring, as you can likely slap
a mobile phone on him/her.  But for cats, the engineering is a bit more
demanding, with the retail sector currently lacking.  Also the cost of the
electronics quickly adds-up with lost cat collars.

--
Roger
http://rogerx.freeshell.org/