Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] offline version of phpGW

From: Dan Kuykendall (Seek3r)
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] offline version of phpGW
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 07:35:41 -0800

Lars Kneschke wrote:

> > address@hidden schrieb:
> >
> > I'm personally all for this.  I have a couple IMAP folders that are
> > over 50 meg each and phpGW takes forever to access them.  Having this
> > in the database would speed things up dramatically.
>
> I'm not sure if this is a good idea.
>
> You need to keep track of read and unread messages. You need to reinvent the
> imap functions.
> Maybe we should speed up your imap clients.

All client IMAP clients store some data to teh hard drive. This is
nothing special at all, and some clients (like netscape) will store all
of the emails for offline mode. So being able to store into a database
and sync up with IMAP is a very common process, and it could help
performance a great deal.

Seek3r