Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] incrementing app_id

From: Michael Dean
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] incrementing app_id
Date: 19 Dec 2001 19:35:53 -0600

Looks like a diff to assign IDs to applications (something I've wanted
for a long time :-).  But you're right about the identity field.  MSSQL
will only allow explicit identity inserts if you set identity insert on
for that particular table (which is only good for that connection).

I guess the best fix is to let the auto incrementing field do it's job
and get rid of the explicit insert and the random number generation.

Mike