RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] NEW APP: addbook is in cvs

From: Brad Sturgill
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] NEW APP: addbook is in cvs
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 18:47:16 -0700

Thanks Seek3r,

The tiered functionality (organization, person) does provide something that
I can take advantage of.

Heiko & Michael, can you work on the standards issues?  I have to admit
(after only a day of review), I get a little confused in some of the code as
well (I am sure that this will be resolved after reviewing the code some
more), but it is very nice to have and I am sure it will grow into something
that is very useful for us all (it already addresses a couple of issues that
I have been challenged with so thanks!).  It would be nice for it to follow
the phpgroupware standards so that we don't have to learn other standards.

Functionality questions:

1. One thing that I don't see yet is the Vcard functionality.  Do you plan
on incorporating that?
2. Additional contacts (in the contact information) is really "Contact
Methods" (i.e. second phone, additional email address, etc.) is it not?
Changing the name will prevent confusion with the category information
(currently in the meta data).
3.  The category selection for additional contacts is nice, but can we move
the definition of categories (contact methods) to the user preferences
section so that a user can add additional contact methods on their own?
4.  I would like to be able to set global categories (not contact
categories) for the app (much in the same manner as  addressbook), will this
be available soon?
5.  I would like to be able to use categories as part of the list screen
(not part of meta data) so that I can categorize people and organizations
and sort by that categorization (user defined categories as well as global
categories).  Can this be incorporated?
6.  Can the email (on the detail screen and the list screen) link to the
email app?  It would be nice to be able to simply press the link and email a
contact.
7.  Can the web page element be a hyper link so that by pressing it a new
browser window is opened and the user is presented with the associated web
page (much the same way that addressbook addresses this issue)?
8.  In the U.S. Postal Code typically comes after the region (state) when
entering.  I am assuming that this is not true globally, but is it possible
to move this to that location (I will do this in my code anyway but...).
9.  The preference radio buttons are grouped, I would rather that I could
select as many as I need.  Can this be changed?
10.  On the view screen for organization, in the employees list, can you
create a selection list in preferences so that a user could select what is
displayed?  It would be nice, for example, to be able to identify title,
phone number, and email address as viewable on this list (much the same way
that you do on the first list page).
11.  Can you iconify "view, edit and ultimately VCard" much like is done in
infolog?  This gives it a nice finished look.

I guess that is all that I can think of at this point.  As I continue to
work with this I may have additional observations and questions.  Thanks for
taking the initiative to create this functionality.  I look forward to
working with it more!

Brad