Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Yet an other files manager !

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Yet an other files manager !
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 17:24:46 +0000

I got it to "work" in .14, but there are several issues.  First, this is not
a "PHPGW implementation" but a hack to make it work, as a stand alone, within
the
phpGW interface.

- I don't use cookies so all the popup boxes fail to a login screen.
- The "files" location is not in the (phpgw) system configured files location.
- Looks like it's hard coded to MySql, and automatically creates tables the
first
time you use it.  Luckily I don't have any thing in my phpGW database using the
tbl* prefix .... I could have lost data, or at least gotten some very odd
errors.
- There is a /setup/ dir, but it is empty.
- There is no docs dir.  There is no README or INSTALL file.

So in the end i never saw it do anything except create several tables without
asking me or warning me in anyway.

My users would welcome a tree like filemanager, and while this "hack" is a start
for making the interface that would work for some people, it still needs a lot
of
work.  If the cookies/session issue can be fixed, I would be likely to use it
as is
for now.  I did find where I can specify the files dir, but it would be nice to
read that from phpgw, like was done for the database settings.