Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] App development guidelines

From: Sam Przyswa
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] App development guidelines
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 08:32:20 +0200 (CEST)

Jim a dit:
> Hello, all!

Hi Jim !

> General inquiry:
>
> What is the bet way to come up to speed on coding practices within the
> phpGroupWare infrastructure?
>
> Specifically,
>
> 1)  is there an application that best exemplifies the multi-tier design
> architecture of phpGroupWare,
> 2)  shows clearly the best data structures to use between ui<=>bo<=>so,
> 3)  shows recommended invoking mechanisms between objects,
> 4)  shows clearly the ideal way of invoking the menuaction driver as a
> matter of course
> 5)  and shows how to set the groundwork for multi-interface support
> (i.e., HTML, XML-RPC, SOAP)?
>
> In short, which app would it be recommended to study in order to model
> after?
>
> Is there a recommended reading list on this subject?
>
> How do the core app developers recommend developers to begin their
> projects?

As you, I think, I have read the Admin/developer on the phpgw website but
it miss some documentations as class implementation that's should very
useful to write/port apps in PHPGW and I agree with your request.

I hope that some phpgw maintainers/developers will do in a next future a
guideline and class documentation.

Sam.

--
Sam Przyswa - Chef de projet