[Phpgroupware-developers] changes to header/navbar loading

From: Dan Kuykendall (Seek3r)
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] changes to header/navbar loading
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 03:26:58 -0700

I have cleaned up the API's header and navbar loading process quite a
bit.
Part of the cleanup makes it completely unnessesary for apps to use the
following line at all.

echo parse_navbar();

I have updated the apps I have installed locally, but I have not gotten
all apps to make sure this line is deleted.
you will most always see this line right below

$GLOBALS['phpgw']->common->phpgw_header();

Now if you call $GLOBALS['phpgw']->common->phpgw_header() it will by
default also display the navbar. If you happen to need to output the
header tags but not the navbar then you can do this (I have not seen
anywhere that would do this other than the api's header.inc.php which I
have updated):
$GLOBALS['phpgw']->common->phpgw_header(False, True);

The reason for these changes are to centralize some code into the api
that had be relegated to the template sets navbar.inc.php. Calling the
after_navbar hook should not be something a template set controls, it
belonged in the API. Also for template sets like idsociety which doesnt
close its <BODY> tag, there is now support for having a parse_nonavbar()
function which can handle issues like that, where the header is
outputted without the navbar.

Bottom line. If you see an app displaying two navbars, then it needs to
have all lines with echo parse_navbar();

to be deleted.

Seek3r