Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] SQL Stored procedures?

From: Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] SQL Stored procedures?
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 12:08:33 +0200

> If anyone has experience with Postgres, Oracle, etc. replication, I would
> be interested to know if they work the same way.  I suspect Oracle might be
> able to redirect queries, in which case nothing extra would be needed to
> support it.

Oracle, MSSQL and probably others, support multiple read/write replicas. this
means you can make a poor-man's cluster with randomly updating one, having
replication doing the rest.

just - as some have suggested: use a column indicating what server the row
was inserted, and use the row's ID together with the server ID as the unique
as CREATE UNIQUE INDEX asdf on asdfasdf(id,server)

--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk, Datavaktmester

Computers are like air conditioners.