RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Supress Groups in Calendar dropdown

From: Christian B. Lahti
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Supress Groups in Calendar dropdown
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 13:42:02 -0700

I am trying to simplify the choices for our admins, we are going to use the
calendaring feature of phpgw for conference room scheduling only, so I have
created a "user" for each conference room and given our admins rights to
modify each one.  Ideally I would like that drop list to only have the
conference rooms as selections, they are confused by the group entries that
exist there.

On a separate note I have been trying to modify the admin group edit
interface so that there are two listboxes, one of users who are a member of
the selected group, and one of users who are not members.  Through creative
hacking I have been able to generate these lists, now the next step is to
add controls to >> and << between the lists.  I cannot find the code which
processes the form submission anywhere, I have searched though the entire
admin module to no avail.  Is there documentation of the API so that I can
start making meaningful contributions to PHPGroupware?  I need this
functionality because we have over 120 user accounts, and every time I need
to process more that 50 selections this times out and I have to massage each
remaining user individually.  Not to mention the fact that a multi-select
interface is a horrible UI, you cant even hit the first letter of a UID or
name to jump the list.  Are there any controls on how a users and groups are
listed in these select boxes?  We should give the ability to sort by last
name, first name, and/or UID.

Anyhow, if anyone can shed some light I would appreciate.

Thanks,

/Chris