Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] link between calender event and addresses

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] link between calender event and addresses
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 08:16:40 +1100

Chris Weiss <address@hidden> wrote:

> I would also find an inter-app record linking mechanism extremely
> usefull.  I also
> made a minor hack to tts to support something like this, but I
> didn't do it in a way
> that other apps could use it due to time contraints.  A feaure
> like this would need
> to go into phpgwapi and apps could optionally support it.
>
> I think someone was working on this once, and had proposed a table
> layout.  Did it
> ever go any further?

I was one of the ones promoting such a thing.  Unfortunately like most
good concept ideas, the implementation ideas had problems.  Other things
came up and i decided that the support wasn't there for it.

I am happy to send you all my notes on the issue if you like.  I did a
fair bit of work on it and would love to work with someone on it.  I
think it really needs approval fro mthe core team before any work is
done on it.

Anyway I am away for a few days ... need a break.  Let me know and i can
prepare something for you when i get back.

Cheers

Dave Hall

PS - If you are interested i where i am - www.earthcore.com.au