Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] PDF support for phpgw

From: Dan Kuykendall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] PDF support for phpgw
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 15:18:57 -0700

Heres an even better solution than some java app.
http://xml.apache.org/fop/

It is an additional requirement, but its probably worth it for those that want to print pdf's

Dan Kuykendall wrote:

The HEAD version of property is a pure XSL app - but this particulary function should work anyway.

Generating PDF's should actually be something that XSL should help greatly with. XSL/FO is explicity for this kind of purpose. Currently there is only XSL/FO support in JAVA, but it will eventually make its way into other languages and there is little reason we couldnt handle having a small java middleman used for the purposes of printing/generating PDF's

Dan

Sigurd

Brian Johnson wrote:

I have property installed in my .16 test server but don't find this file

Sigurd Nes (address@hidden) wrote:
Brian Johnson wrote:

There was some talk about adding PDF creation support to phpgw

Anyone know what the current status of this it?

Can anyone give me some help creating some pdf's from phpgw data?

Have a look at /property/inc/class.uiwo_hour.inc.php

Sigurd