[Phpgroupware-developers] feedback to tpl engine in head

From: Philipp Kamps
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] feedback to tpl engine in head
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 15:32:40 +0200

Hi ya'll,

I spend some time with the actual code in head.
I really like the xslt-tpl-engine. In my opinion it is
a good idea to move some logic to the tpls (to the .xsl files).
It remembers me a bit to the smarty-tpl-engine.

But there also some things that should change:

- I like that the default tpl also uses CSS files for layout
  definition. But there is a fall-back missing for other tpl
  sets. So for example if you define a new, great tpl-set
  (probusiness ;-) ) you have to create these files in your
  api folder.

- The navbar images have to be .gif files. I would prefer .png
  (and I have specified this in phpgw setup as well).
  I added a patch to savanah which enabled alpha channel in IE.
  As far I can see there is no good reason to still use .gif files.

- The framework method in class.common.inc.php should be a separated
  class. So we can remove some code from this class and for customer
  projects we easily can adapt the framework by creating a child of
  this class.

- I really love the idea of the phpgw class in phpgw-api as a central
  class all classes should extend of.

- The html HEAD should be a separated .xsl file and not be a part of
  the framework .xsl file. We need this htmlheader (without the hole
  framework) in html IFRAMEs for example.

So far so good.

Cheers, fips from probiz

--
Philipp Kamps
- Team Softwareentwicklung -

   probusiness auf der HP Linux Roadshow
                    "Linux goes Public"

Erleben Sie probusiness auf der HP Linux Roadshow
am 11.05., 13.05. und 23.06.2004. Alle Details zu
den Veranstaltungsorten und zur Agenda unter
                    www.probusiness.de