Identifying apps stati - Was: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Status of th

From: Olivier Berger
Subject: Identifying apps stati - Was: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Status of the Debian packaging of phpGroupware
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 18:41:26 +0100

Le mercredi 20 février 2008 à 00:21 +1100, Dave Hall a écrit :

> I think that once released 0.9.18 could be packaged a little differently
> to 0.9.16.  0.9.18 will probably use a new release model, if I ever get
> time to get infrastructure setup for it.
>
> Packages will have one of 4 stati:
>
> Core - the core modules which should be installed for all installs
>
> Maintained - actively maintained and developed modules, should also be
> mature
>
> Supported - gets security and critical bug fixes - best effort response
>
> Orphaned - use at own risk

Seems very much interesting.

> There may also be a incubator modules for new modules under development
>
> I think we should have 1 deb for the core and separate debs for each of
> the maintained modules, IMHO including supported modules should be
> discussed further.

I'd like to start with such setup from now on if we produce new
phpgroupware packages, even for 0.9.16.012.

Would you be able to suggest applications for "Core" and "Maintained" in
such a setup ?

Of course, in Core, I would see phpgwapi, setup, admin and preferences.

For Maintained, the fewer we have, the better (Debian
packaging-wise ;) ?

Thansk for your comments,

Best regards,
--