Re: Identifying apps stati - Was: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Status o

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: Identifying apps stati - Was: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Status of the Debian packaging of phpGroupware
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 20:57:17 +1100

On Fri, 2008-02-22 at 09:49 +0100, Maât wrote:
> Sigurd Nes a écrit :
> > Chris Weiss wrote:
> >
> >> historically, addressbook, calendar, notes, and email are core.  the
> >> reason is that without them it's not much of a "groupware"
> >>

> > That make sense.
> > How about having 'ged', 'hrm', 'manual', 'projects', 'property' and 'sms'
> > in Maintained ?
> >
> > (or maybe 'manual' could go in core?)
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Sigurd
> >

> no problem for me to see those "historical" modules in core
>
> for manual the problem for me is that it has always seemed empty and
> useless so i (perhaps shame on me dunno) disable it at each phpgroupware
> install
>
> We really need an online and offline documentation (if possible with
> coherence between the 2).
>
> What about writing manual on wiki.phpgroupware.org and automatically
> filling phpgroupware wiki module default datas with it during packaging ?

It was decided some time ago that wikis don't work for manuals, no one
ever writes the content and I got sick of removing spam from the various
wikis we have run over the years.

For 0.9.18 the manuals will be written in ODF and converted on the fly
for.  Closer to the release we may script the conversion before shipping
the manuals.  ODF provides a user friendly system for non technical
people to author documentation, while providing a system for generating
docs in various formats very easily.

Cheers

Dave