[phpGroupWare-developers] feature freeze and branching of trunk

From: Dave Hall
Subject: [phpGroupWare-developers] feature freeze and branching of trunk
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 23:24:42 +1000

Hi all,

I think we have all waited long enough for 0.9.18.  I propose that on 1
June 2008 we branch trunk to create the 0.9.18 branch.  The first alpha
of the core will be released on the same day.

Once the branching is done no new features can be introduced into the
branch without strong support from the developer community.  Such cases
will be rare and require strong cases to support them.  Bug fixes and
code cleanups will be allowed - only if they are backported from trunk.
Fixes for bugs by omission are enhancements and will be treated as such.
API functionality changes (behaviour, method signatures and return
types) will also need approval.

I hope that we can move quickly from an alpha to a beta release.

What do people think?

Cheers

Dave
--