[phpGroupWare-developers] Working on the app project - (Was Re: Re: Who

From: Sigurd Nes
Subject: [phpGroupWare-developers] Working on the app project - (Was Re: Re: Who wants to play?)
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 21:25:18 +0100

Laurie D Kingsland wrote:

I figured out the solution to getting the icons showing. Now my interest is in
how I can contribute to the development of this project. I am currently taking
a close look at the Projects application and modifying it to meet my needs. The
current problem is how do I set the country and currency in the global
preferences? Thank you for responding and I look forward to more conversations
with you.

Hi Laurie,

Your interest are most welcome.

You can set the values in the preferences section of the system.

The url will look like:
http://<something>/preferences/preferences.php?appname=preferences&type=user

What version (and template) are you trying?

I personally would recommend that you gave this one a try:

svn co svn+ssh://svn.savannah.gnu.org/phpgroupware/people/sigurdne/core/trunk

in order accomplish the checkout - you need to edit your ~/.ssh/config as explained in http://blog.caeies.org/2010/01/happy-new-year-2010-and-new-repository.html

Here is a guideline on how to write patches:
http://support.phpgroupware.org/patches

and here is the coding standard:
http://svn.savannah.gnu.org/svn/phpgroupware/modules/phpgwapi/trunk/doc/coding_standard.txt

That should get you started - don't hesitate to ask for advice.

Regards

Sigurd