Re: General Windows Cleanups

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: General Windows Cleanups
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 19:33:24 +0200

On Saturday 12 October 2002 19:04, Neil Hotmail wrote:
> Don't patch pingus.dsp with the diff file, that seems to make it not work
> at all, and last time I edited the .dsp file out it stopped the whole
> patch file working, so I'll leave that to someone else.
> I have attached an updated .dsp file, this one does "warnings as errors"
> on the release build, so it should pick up more spurious code quicker, it
> also has any extra files added since I last submitted the .dsp.

Adding a complete .dsp file is much easier. One just has to copy it over the
old one, run unix2dos and commit it.

> Most of the fixes are:
> Correct casting, typically:
> int i; bool b;
> b = i -> b = (i != 0)

What shall be the advantage of this one? Conversion from int to bool is
defined by the standard and you don't need to use operator !=.
Can't say that I like this one, therefore I won't commit it yet.

> catch(Type& t) -> catch(Type&)
> if(x) -> UNUSED_ARG(x)

Those are no problem at all.

Bye David

PS: Never forget, VC++ is the buggiest of the popular C++ compilers. :-)