Re: General Windows Cleanups

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: General Windows Cleanups
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 21:20:15 +0200

On Saturday 12 October 2002 20:41, Neil Hotmail wrote:
> wdb and dde, wdb was quite nice, but neither offer the complete
> integration that you get by combining the IDE with the debugger. VC is
> seamless, and takes no configuration to get the debugger and the program
> communicating, it is just a "press run", "press pause" type affair.
> Also wdb and dde are not windows programs, and my current machine is
> windows only.

Well I don't know either wdb nor dde unless the latter is really ddd but
there are other IDE out there (especially on Linux) which integrate other
debuggers as seamlessly. Judging the abilities of a debugger by it's
integration isn't the perfect way. Try to debug a CORBA application - this
will very likely tax it to it's limit and show you how good it is (I've
worked on a app where simply starting the debugger took 5-10 minutes and
some debuggers didn't even start at all).

Bye David