Re: Pingus font found!!!

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: Pingus font found!!!
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 09:25:25 +0200

Gervase Lam <address@hidden> writes:

> PS. Ingo, for the record, so that we don't have to go through all of
> this again, what is the blackboard font that is used during the
> tutorial called?

Thats 'MS Comic Sans', one of the standard fonts that come with
windows and where downloadable from the internet for quite some time
from the MS webpage.

> What type of licence does it have?

Some Microsoft EULA:

-----
1. GRANT OF LICENSE. This EULA grants you the following rights:
  Installation and Use. You may install and use an unlimited number of
copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.

  Reproduction and Distribution. You may reproduce and distribute an
unlimited number of copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT; provided that each
copy shall be a true and complete copy, including all copyright and
tra demark notices, and shall be accompanied by a copy of this EULA.
Copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT may not be d istributed for profit
either on a standalone basis or included as part of your own product.
----

Since we only use a rendered version of it, not distribute the ttf
version, it shouldn't be a problem.

> PPPS. I have not been getting any digest Pingus e-mails since 14th
> July. I've checked on the mailing list web site, and mailing out the
> list to me seems to be enabled already. How do I find out when the
> next mailing will be triggered? Btw, I have been reading the recent
> posts via the web site.

No idea, never used the digest feature.

Games:    http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/gamedesigns/
JabberID: address@hidden