Re: "floe" != mispelled "flow"

From: Neil Mitchell
Subject: Re: "floe" != mispelled "flow"
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 19:37:44 +0100

> Just "floe" is fine from my perspective, but "ice floe" isn't offensive
> either.  (I'm a native english speaker.)

I would definately use "ice floe", I know what "floe" means, but I can
almost guarantee a good chunk of the native English speaking population
doesn't (to be fair, they are probably not the ones downloading Pingus, but
for the future)

If you look at Google, "ice floe" has 13000 matches, "floe" has 40000, and
some of those don't refer to the ice variety. "ice floe" certainly doesn't
seem out of place.

Native english speaker

Neil