protux-devel

Re: [Protux-devel] but can't compile protux

From: tapio laxström
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] but can't compile protux
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 16:12:41 +0300

Martin Herren wrote:
tapio laxström wrote:

protux needs libGLU which needs libGL. :(
I may be wrong here.

and I am wrong... (libGLU doesn't depend from libGL)

libGLU depends on libGL.
from the official OpenGL programming Guide:

-----
The OpenGL Utility Library (GLU) contains several routines that use
lower-level OpenGL comands to perform such tasks as setting up matrices
for specific viewing orientations and projections, performing polygon
tessellation, and rendering surfaces.
This library is provided as part of _EVERY_ OpenGL implementation.
-----

I had that kind of feeling too. Funny that it didn't show with ldd.

--
best regards