protux-devel

[Protux-devel] automake 1.6.3

From: booker
Subject: [Protux-devel] automake 1.6.3
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 22:49:23 +0200

I had to update automake to version 1.6.3 to be able to compile KINO.

But after that I can't finish the make process of protux no longer:

address@hidden mustuxlib]$ make -f admin/Makefile.common
*** Creating acinclude.m4
!!! If you get recursion errors from autoconf, it is advisable to set the
    environment variable M4 to something including "--nesting-limit=500"
*** Creating aclocal.m4
*** Creating configure
FATAL ERROR: Autoconf version 2.52 or higher is required for this script
make: *** [cvs] Error 2
address@hidden mustuxlib]$

But take note of the 'FATAL ERROR' message ....
I'm still using 'Autoconf version 2.13' but yesterday there were no problems
reported during compilation using STILL THE SAME autoconf version 2.13

Any idea?

Here is my actual setup again:

libtoolize (GNU libtool) 1.4.2
aclocal (GNU automake) 1.6.3
Autoconf version 2.13
automake (GNU automake) 1.6.3
GNU Make version 3.79.1, by Richard Stallman and Roland McGrath.
Built for i586-mandrake-linux-gnu

greetings
Reinhard